Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

XavierAP n3minis-git at yahoo.es
Mon Jul 22 19:52:33 UTC 2019

On Monday, 22 July 2019 at 16:29:16 UTC, Newbie2019 wrote:

> Lack of user  population is hurting D as vicious circle.  No
> people use, resulting in hidden bugs,   and then lead to less
> people use.

I too think this is the biggest problem (I am repeating myself).
So what can we do to encourage newcomers? Is D welcoming, and
appealing? There are some good ideas posted above; are they
listened to?

My two cents: these newsgroups/forums could benefit from some
reorganization; many people have asked/proposed changes. As for
Learn, the last community survey voted in favor of moving that to
StackOverflow (where there is already D traffic); this is a more
suitable, powerful and searchable platform, and would provide
free exposure and immense search engine exposure compared to here.

Does D have or want a plan to promote itself, given that the
results so far in this regard have not been good at all? Are we
too busy putting out fires, and too stressed because we don't
have enough firefighters, that we don't stop to realize that no
one besides the firefighters care that fires are burning? Are
other people not open to D, or is it that D neglects to promote
itself properly at all?