Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

greatsam4sure greatsam4sure at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 10:31:10 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 23 July 2019 at 00:47:09 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Monday, 22 July 2019 at 23:16:26 UTC, Margo wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Not everyone uses an IDE.  It's obviously an impediment to
> adoption in the games industry judging by what Manu says, but
> there are other industries besides games and in some places
> people don't use IDEs much at all.
>
> [...]

Thank you. I  appreciate this write up. I had been this forum
about two years now. I like the D language, for me, it is the
best language I have come across. I have a look into languages
like Kotlin, Java, C#, C++, C, Go, Rust etc.

I know D has room for a lot of improvements and I see the various
stakeholders are doing their best with the little resources
available.

My major problem with D is the critical community. It is
discouraging to cope with. This forum is too critical about D
challenges and says little or nothing about the strength of D.
Most of the post here is about why D cannot succeed or be used.
The organizer should do something about such a post. Just Google
Dlang and reads the comments about the language, you will be
discouraged to go further. But most of the comments are not true
as I start learning D. Dlang is a beautiful language that is easy
to use.

I think the community should put out an article about D outline
all the strength in a compelling way especially from proven
industry users.