Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 17:22:22 UTC 2019

On Monday, 22 July 2019 at 16:29:16 UTC, Newbie2019 wrote:

> I suggestion we should focus fix bugs and improve
> support/platform/quality.
>
> Keep improve IDE,  dub package, language server.
>
> Finish the LDC support for IOS/Android,  (I read from forum
> history,  people say it take a weekend work to made IOS branch
> upgrade to latest version,  but last commit for IOS is 2017).

This is a variation of "build it and they will come" talk. I have
thousands of software users, and they couldn't bother that I fix
bugs, improve support and quality. What they care is about the
perception of that software, which is a social construct.
Existing users may care, but new ones won't take a look just
because bug X was fixed or "compiler has improved speed by 3%".