You know how I was saying in my DConf talk...

JN 666total at wp.pl
Tue Jul 23 19:56:44 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 23 July 2019 at 18:36:19 UTC, Ethan wrote:
> This highlights one of the other things I don't like when
> errors like this happens: D's quality of error messages is
> still not great. They've most definitely improved since DDMD
> happened, but they still seem predicated on the idea that
> people aren't going to be doing a lot of metaprogramming and
> provide almost no context when you're deep down the meta hole.

That's how metaprogramming oriented languages are. Every language
that has advanced metaprogramming like C++ or D sooner or later
ends up in template spaghetti. Sure, the error messages are nice
for simple templates, and performance is nice too, but once you
have several generic types and then use them together, good luck,
both on errors and compilation speed time. Oh and autocomplete
breaks too because most of the code doesn't exist until build
time.