You know how I was saying in my DConf talk...

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Wed Jul 24 02:42:59 UTC 2019

On 24.07.19 03:06, Ethan wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 00:51:35 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> This shouldn't happen (the anonymous scope is an implementation detail
>> and `__traits(parent, ...)` shouldn't return it, especially not for
>> symbols that are not even `static foreach` loop variables). Is there
>> already an issue for this? Also, this code compiles neither with
>> 2.086.1 nor 2.087.0. Do you have an example that demonstrates a
>> regression?
>
> The entire point of that code I posted and the bug report I made is *to
> illustrate* that static foreach is broken. *OF COURSE* it shouldn't happen.

As I am sure you are aware, this practice is called confirming a bug
report. Not all of the issues you opened are in fact compiler bugs. Some
of them are you misunderstanding the language specification.

I asked whether you can demonstrates a regression because you said the
problem arose when you updated compilers, but it seems it's because some
deprecation period ended.