Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Wed Jul 24 06:18:36 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 01:16:23 UTC, Domain wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 July 2019 at 23:00:03 UTC, bauss wrote:
>> Microsoft has published article about needing a safer system
>> programming language.
>>
>> https://msrc-blog.microsoft.com/2019/07/18/we-need-a-safer-systems-programming-language/
>>
>> Could D (Most likely as betterC) have fit into that domain OR
>> is it not yet safe?
>
> Rust is the winner.
> https://msrc-blog.microsoft.com/2019/07/22/why-rust-for-safe-systems-programming/

They already stated they were Rust. My question wasn't whether D
would be considered by Microsoft but whether it __could__ have
been been considered.

See the bottom of the article:

"In our next post, we’ll explore why we think the Rust
programming language is currently the best choice for the
industry to adopt whenever possible due to its ability to write
systems-level programs in a memory-safe way."