Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Wed Jul 24 08:45:19 UTC 2019

24.07.2019 4:16, Domain пишет:
> On Thursday, 18 July 2019 at 23:00:03 UTC, bauss wrote:
>> Microsoft has published article about needing a safer system
>> programming language.
>>
>> https://msrc-blog.microsoft.com/2019/07/18/we-need-a-safer-systems-programming-language/
>>

>> Could D (Most likely as betterC) have fit into that domain OR is it
>> not yet safe?
>
> Rust is the winner.
> https://msrc-blog.microsoft.com/2019/07/22/why-rust-for-safe-systems-programming/

I wouldn't say so:
```
While researching Rust, we found some issues that gave and continue to
give us pause. Some of these concerns include how to regulate the usage
of the “unsafe” superset of Rust at scale, lack of first-class
interoperability with C++, and interoperability with existing Microsoft
tooling.
But we’re excited about the possibilities. While there are many
questions still left to figure out about how Rust fits into the overall
Microsoft engineering story, we encourage others to join us in taking a
serious look at the language for their systems programming needs.
```

In fact they already have problem using Rust and they don't know how to
solve them. They just are excited.