There's a problem in the D economic system

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 11:34:45 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 11:15:10 UTC, Chris wrote:
> [snip]
>
> std.v2? March 28:
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/q7j3s0$15n7$1@digitalmars.com

It seemed like he was merely floating the idea of an std.v2. It's
not like it was a blog post announcing that work would start on
it or actively sought suggestions for a design spec.

Regardless, the thread is about a specific issue with how people
get paid to contribute to D. The person who is involved with the
payments has said on one specific issue, he recognizes some
mistakes, and is working to fix improve the situation. And your
response is, "yeah, but that's what you always say, they said we
would get a new standard library on March 28 and that's four
months and I've been counting!" I mean, sometimes you have to
give people the benefit of the doubt that they are working in the
interest of the community the best they can. They have time
constraints, other stuff to work on, family obligations, and any
number of other things going on.