There's a problem in the D economic system

Exil Exil at gmall.com
Wed Jul 24 11:57:56 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 11:44:56 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 11:36:40 UTC, Chris wrote:
>
>> So what happened? Why wasn't there a link on the homepage that
>> said "Set & Get Bounties", and why wasn't it brought to the
>> public's attention regularly? It's not rocket science, it's
>> marketing basics.
>
> I imagine because sometimes people are more interested in
> complaining and telling others what they ought to do than
> finding constructive ways to move the world in the direction in
> which they think it should go.
>
> If you see something missing it's not that difficult to fix it
> yourself.  dlang.org is on github, after all.
>
> Human nature is a funny thing.

It's really on the person that created that funding page. Not
sure why you are trying to direct it a someone else for stating
the obvious. I didn't even know that page existed til now.
Creating a way to donate and not advertising it is just bad
management. I can say it is bad management, this isn't
"complaining" this is valid criticism of how the donation page
was marketed. Clearly there is something wrong when no one really
even knew it existed. Stop trying to put things on people just
because something is open source. This is something clearly
someone at the D foundation should have done. I don't know how
you can even try to argue otherwise.