There's a problem in the D economic system

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Wed Jul 24 15:31:17 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 14:44:07 UTC, drug wrote:
> 24.07.2019 16:21, Chris пишет:
>> It is funny, indeed! When I look at your posts on this forum
>> and your professional background it is obvious that you've
>> been trained to give
>
> When I look at your posts I see a person who was an active D
> user and had his opinion what should be done by D community.
> The community did not do things you had proposed and obviously
> you were disappointed and now you attack D community members
> using this forum and reddit. At least a person with nickname
> like yours. You are not objective in fact.

I'm not on reddit and never have been. Things concerning D I only
post here. So this is a different "Chris". Yes, the D leadership
has made a lot of bad decisions in my opinion, basic things that,
when done right, could have attracted new users and improved the
lives of veteran users, but instead they got entangled in a
mixture of abstract CS stuff and pet projects. And on top of that
they grew increasingly hostile to criticism, as I said, the whole
thing has turned into a political party with special interest
groups. All this talk about "community" is just hot air and only
serves to shut critics up.

As regards objectivity, maybe I've become more objective since I
stepped back a little and had a sober look at the whole D thing.
I'd say I wasn't objective when I first picked it up. It's not
that I'm angry that I couldn't have it my way, I'm not a child,
it's just that things are going nowhere, they don't even get the
basics right as has become clear in this thread yet again. I've
come to the conclusion that the DLF doesn't really care. They
have their own thing going on up there, whatever that is. A lot
of decisions wouldn't make sense, if they cared about the common
user.

> P.S. english isn't my native language so sorry if I was rude or
> impolite.

No worries. I'm not so easily offended, especially not in debates.