There's a problem in the D economic system

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 08:40:52 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 09:09:23 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 24/07/2019 8:58 PM, IGotD- wrote:
>> I would go another direction. If the foundation has the money,
>> why not hire a person or two to do development and fixes.
>> Priority could be based on top contributes wishes. Just having
>> a few people is more manageable when it comes to byrocracy.
>
> That is very expensive and as I understand it is out of scope
> of DLF.
>
>> Hiring students is more difficult but cheaper as usually it
>> must be on a project where they can obtain university credits.
>
> It is also a Trojan Horse in introducing D into the University.
> It is a brilliant long term strategy.

We are trying here at University Politehnica of Bucharest to
introduce D to a programming course; we have also held a D summer
school with support from the university and now we are trying to
create bachelor/dissertation projects for students on D related
topics. We hope that this will raise awareness but of course,
these sort of things take time.