DMD or LDC on mobile

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:21:01 UTC 2019

tl;dr - I'm after a status report, and this thing pops up on
forums often enough that I want the information in one place.

Aight guys. So here's the deal. That program I showed off at
DConf this year? I have a potential customer interested in
beginning usage in August.

They develop for mobile platforms. This means I'll need mobile
support.

D is uniquely situated for my needs on all platforms going
forward (you know, once the garbage collector is something we can
talk about in terms of pride and not like the misbehaving child
that won't grow up). That, of course, means it needs to compile
and run on all platforms. Which realistically means code
generation for two architectures these days (x64, ARM) and
runtime support for non-desktop platforms (iOS, Android, consoles
- although that last one is something almost everyone here can't
work on).

Now, being a middleware, I'll be expecting the engine integration
to supply routines like file operations and memory operations.
Standard stuff.

I can probably totally avoid Phobos and avoid linking that
behemoth in the runtime.

So that leaves code gen and druntime being usable.

I'll need to know before I work on my runtime library if these
are usable. Otherwise, I'm going to have to write the runtime in
C++ and write more code generation definitions to export the work
I've already done to C++.

Do these two things work currently?