Windows devs - how are you building dmd, druntime, phobos?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 21:32:06 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 25 July 2019 at 13:12:58 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> Given all the above, how is that people on Windows manage to
> work on the 3 core D repos? I'm trying to fix the situation
> (mostly so I can get the dmd bash tests to run there), but
> first I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong.

IIRC all three built for me as 32-bit but not 64-bit last time I
tried (but it's been a while). Usually I don't bother to build
everything, I just `dmd -unittest -main -g -run std.xxx` when
contributing stuff to Phobos. I don't recall having ever ran the
full test suite myself. I just commit and hope it passes the
autotester :D. I quess that we're even more reliant on the
autotester than it would first appear!