Windows devs - how are you building dmd, druntime, phobos?

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Thu Jul 25 22:35:57 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 25 July 2019 at 21:10:02 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 July 2019 at 20:48:43 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> On Thursday, 25 July 2019 at 19:31:26 UTC, Exil wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Actually it's only a single person who has access to the
>> Auto-Tester. All other CIs are configured via their in-source
>> YAMLs though. Also, the Auto-Tester just runs a defined
>> Makefile target, so it's not too hard to fix things with a
>> single PR.
>
> The problem was at one point he was applying patch files to
> some of the files in DMD.  I hope that has been removed at this
> point?

No it's still there. Though it has been removed for druntime and
Phobos which was were it caused the problems and the diff for dmd
is now only a single file diff:

https://github.com/braddr/at-client/blob/master/src/do_fixup.sh
https://github.com/braddr/at-client/blob/master/src/diff-dmd-win64.diff
https://github.com/braddr/at-client/commit/8a2a2743716fcfde13d5ab0856bd4b5a0e403851