The year is 2019

XavierAP n3minis-git at yahoo.es
Sat Jul 27 04:15:38 UTC 2019

On Friday, 26 July 2019 at 21:37:33 UTC, Manu wrote:

> I don't personally like alias this except for very very
> specific use
> cases. I don't like that we use of for implicit conversion, and
> I hate
> that we use it for struct inheritance too.

Completely agree.

I think struct inheritance (with no virtual dispatch) may be good
for D. Has no one ever tried a DIP?

Allowing inheritance or alias this to be multiple is a separate
debate; I tend to think there's no sane use case. As is (but
related) allowing structs to implement interfaces (as in C# or
Go? And without violating their value semantics).