The year is 2019

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 08:32:07 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 27 July 2019 at 06:58:58 UTC, XavierAP wrote:

> Multiple inheritance is controversial enough on its own. If you
> merge it into any other DIP I am willing to bet anything the
> DIP will end up dead...

I'm keeping that in mind.  But we need to be more precise in our
terminology.  Yes, multiple inheritance has its problems, but
what I'm proposing is NOT multiple inheritance.  It is simply
struct composition as it should be.

We keep espousing "prefer composition over inheritance" but then
the programming languages we design offer us precious little to
actually do the right thing.  I think D can be the first language
to finally do composition right with this feature.

Mike