The year is 2019

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 01:47:21 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 28 July 2019 at 00:45:54 UTC, Exil wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 July 2019 at 19:49:32 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:

>>> I don't agree. C++ strings are a good source of how it can be
>>> misused.
>>
>> Any feature can be abused by a stubborn person. That is merely
>> a case of bad coding practice rather then the feature itself.
>
> Not every feature can be abused.

I recall my programming instructor scolded me for abusing basic
functions.

> This one is far more easily abused than others, and people will
> use it for >"convenience" as I have seen them complain about
> before.

Examples?

> It makes it harder to read code, to maintain code.

Opinion.
  Also you can make the same argument regarding the goto statement.

> It is the feature itself.

The goto feature exist. You want to argue for deprecation for
that feature?

> If you need to use it in such a small amount of code so that it
> isn't abused, then it isn't really something you need.

What language are you talking about here? Not every language
implements implicit conversions the same way. For example C#
rules for implicit conversions is much stricter then C++.

Alex