Audio Library or Wrapper for use with GtkD?

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 10:27:21 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 28 July 2019 at 09:41:29 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After some initial research, I'm left wondering if there's a
> suitable audio library that could be (or is being) used by
> cross-platform GtkD applications. I've found a few mentions of
> people doing audio programming in D, but so far, no real
> meat-n-taters examples or API.
>
> I did find a mention of 'mp3' and a couple others for 'audio'
> and 'sound' in the GtkD wrapper code, but nothing concrete.
>
> Mainly what I'm hoping to find is something that will allow
> audio playback that can be triggered from a callback, but if it
> also dips into manipulation of sound samples, start, stop,
> pause, rewind, etc. that would be a nice addition.

BindBC has SDL_mixer bindings which is probably the best D
solution for playback ATM.
https://github.com/BindBC/bindbc-sdl/blob/master/source/bindbc/sdl/mixer.d

It supports playback of samples and music, suitable for video
games.

With recent SDL_mixer developments, you can hook a 32-bit float
callback on the playback and channels alike, which allos for all
kind of niceties.