ICE handling is still terrible

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 11:23:46 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 28 July 2019 at 09:20:22 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Yes, file a bug.

Will do when I get some code that reproduces the undefined error
outside of my codebase. Unless just the generated error message
and mentioning that it's because of an out of memory error is
enough in this case.

On Sunday, 28 July 2019 at 09:20:22 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> It would be nice if you could compile dmd with debug on so a
> stack trace has symbols in it.

Did exactly that, and copied the PDBs with the executable just to
double make sure it could locate them.

My out of memory error didn't give me a stack trace.

This is something I wanted to mention, actually. Uploading the
debug symbols as an optional download with every official release
would be fantastic in circumstances like this, just so it can
give the user more information when things go wrong and clue them
in to what they can do to work around the problem.