Sanity

burjui bytefu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 14:19:02 UTC 2019

So you feel frustrated, having spent so much time arguing with
Walter and explaining D bugs and "features" to colleagues? Guess
what, there is a simple solution to your problem, which worked
wonderfully for me - stop using D.

I wrote a whole rant about D's lack of solid computer science
foundation, poor management and 20 years of development, but
decided to not keep it, because it will not affect D development
anyway and will definitely offend some people. I'll put it this
way: Andrei's involvement is the best thing that happened to D
ever, but that is not enough.

Just stop using D and move on. It doesn't really matter if D is
bad or good or both - as long as you have a dependence problem,
you are wasting your life, just like I was. There are other
languages and opportunities out there, go on, explore and have
fun.