void* pointers get corrupted: D bug or misunderstanding?

Federico Santamorena federico at santamorena.me
Mon Jul 29 11:37:27 UTC 2019

On Monday, 29 July 2019 at 11:01:10 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> You pass &context to Crawler, that's wrong pointer.

You are the absolute madman it was so obvious yet so hidden.

I wonder how this can be avoided, I didn't use Variant because it
does not support shared(), but maybe that was my sin.

What do you think about the idea of the compiler emitting a
warning when the pointer to a void* pointer is assigned?

I can't think of a good reason to have a void* pointer to a void*
pointer and actually never used one in code.

Maybe someone has a counterargument to this proposal?