Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Mon Jul 29 13:56:49 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 25 July 2019 at 21:23:20 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 08:45:19 UTC, drug wrote:
>> In fact they already have problem using Rust and they don't
>> know how to solve them. They just are excited.
>
> Sounds more like they are playing a game of internal politics.
> If demand for a feature increases it is more likely to land in
> tooling...

That's how I read it too.

I just wonder, if this will really work in the real world:

'According to an internal survey, the top reason for adoption was
“correctness” – an extension of Rust’s safety guarantees that
work towards making true the adage “if it compiles, then it
works”.' [1]

After all, it's MS ;)

[1]
https://msrc-blog.microsoft.com/2019/07/22/why-rust-for-safe-systems-programming/