Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 14:10:37 UTC 2019

On Friday, 26 July 2019 at 03:29:33 UTC, vladislavp wrote:

> The number of negativism in some posts is very high.
> To the point where it is actually hard to understand the
> technical details behind
> particular grievances.

It is because it is a forum (and a particularly accessible ones).

In audio software we too have internet PHP forums which at first
sight seem important, many opinions in there, many debates...

At the end of the day the LARGE majority of customers are not
there. It's not even representative, since so much of the
audience of internet forums is skewed towards "people that like
to talk on the internet" and yes, they will tend to be unhappy
and critical.

If you have 7000 message on an internet forums, probably what you
are doing in your life is "writing on this forum", not doing
anything else.

And the more people realize that internet forums are sweked, the
more they also realize the opinion of internet forums - comically
- almost do not matter, it's almost always a reaction towards
some underlying event.

Do not mistake these forums with the D community at large... D
has excellent reputation in the trenches. These forums are
certainly not representative, with so many people purposedly
trying to discourage contributors, who don't use D and/or never
had this intention.