Dub for internal dependency management: Git repo as package supplier?

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 15:34:56 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 14:44:35 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 13:02:10 UTC, FeepingCreature
> wrote:
>> We (Funkwerk) are currently using rake as a build system.
>> Since rake does not offer package management, we have to list
>> all transitive dependencies of every package, which is
>> obviously not satisfactory. Because of this, we're looking
>> into switching to dub and dub.selection.json as a "source of
>> truth" for the used set of library dependencies.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Yes, of course it would be. It's a very commonly requested
> feature.
> There even was an old PR for this:
> https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/1403

Sweet, thank you! I'm gonna start poking away at this somewhere
in the next month, probably.

Re everyone else, again, local paths will not work because they'd
fail to resolve on our build server. We could, I guess, push
branch builds to our dub repo, but that's kind of awkward and
would depend on our build architecture in an uncomfortable way.
Going directly to the source seems to me the way to go.