Dub for internal dependency management: Git repo as package supplier?

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Wed Jul 31 16:03:42 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 15:34:56 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 14:44:35 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 13:02:10 UTC, FeepingCreature
>> wrote:
>>> We (Funkwerk) are currently using rake as a build system.
>>> Since rake does not offer package management, we have to list
>>> all transitive dependencies of every package, which is
>>> obviously not satisfactory. Because of this, we're looking
>>> into switching to dub and dub.selection.json as a "source of
>>> truth" for the used set of library dependencies.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Yes, of course it would be. It's a very commonly requested
>> feature.
>> There even was an old PR for this:
>> https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/1403
>
> Sweet, thank you! I'm gonna start poking away at this somewhere
> in the next month, probably.
>
> Re everyone else, again, local paths will not work because
> they'd fail to resolve on our build server. We could, I guess,
> push branch builds to our dub repo, but that's kind of awkward
> and would depend on our build architecture in an uncomfortable
> way. Going directly to the source seems to me the way to go.

As you have written Jenkins:

Please also see the Dub enabled Jenkins pipeline library:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/ljuosdnorythkosdrtyp@forum.dlang.org

Also the generic issue scanner plugin of Jenkins is now able to
read D-Scanner issue json file.

The generic code coverage plugin of Jenkins will be in the very
next future be  able to read LST files ;)

Kind regards
Andre