[GSoC] 'Independency of D from the C Standard Library' progress and update thread

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Jun 4 01:00:07 UTC 2019

On 6/3/19 7:35 PM, Mike Franklin wrote:
> Andrei, I agree with everything you've said, but there's more to take
> into consideration.  I have a response to some of the items you've
> mentioned, and maybe I'll post that later.

My point was not to cast doubt and debate away in the forum (I think we
really should avoid the "weak writeup/strong forum argument" pattern
like the plague), but instead to help improve the writeup of the
motivation. Ideally the pertinent parts should be used to improve that
section in the project. Essentially someone reading the motivation
should gather a good understanding and have most relevant questions
preempted.