[GSoC] 'Independency of D from the C Standard Library' progress and update thread

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 01:14:26 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 5 June 2019 at 00:22:08 UTC, Stefanos Baziotis
wrote:

> This looks like the one that is called. Consider also the other
> link Mike posted:
> https://github.com/DPDK/dpdk/blob/master/lib/librte_eal/common/include/arch/x86/rte_memcpy.h
>
> Although I did not have time to benchmark, my guess is that
> this, which is one from Intel, is not at all enough against
> libc.

I benchmarked the older rte_memcpy here
(https://github.com/DPDK/dpdk/blob/60a3df650d523bd2e4bb4f77f9278f25f7f1a65c/lib/librte_eal/common/include/arch/x86/rte_memcpy.h) on a Linux virtual machine and rte_mempcy was quite a bit faster than libc.  It's worth a deeper look.

Mike