[GSoC] 'Independency of D from the C Standard Library' progress and update thread

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 05:19:48 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 4 June 2019 at 08:31:54 UTC, KnightMare wrote:
> TL;DR
> Should we attn to WASM where there are no system things (mmap,
> allocators), where memory is an array of ints?

If any of the work from this project gets merged into druntime
(which appears will be an uphill battle) it should be easier to
port druntime to new platforms like WASM.  That is one of the
motivations:  To reduce the dependency on libc to platform
implementation detail that any platform can
override/reimplement/supplement as needed without impacting any
other platform.

Mike