[GSoC] Reference-Counted Data Structures for D

Les De Ridder les at lesderid.net
Thu Jun 6 20:48:33 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 6 June 2019 at 09:59:39 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 June 2019 at 23:44:42 UTC, Les De Ridder wrote:
>
>> This project does have somewhat different goals however,
>> mainly that it
>> targets inclusion in druntime and won't provide a range
>> interface
>
> Why not provide a range interface?
>
>> /Jacob Carlborg

I'd like to keep the PRs as small as possible, so reviews aren't
too
much work and don't slow down progress. Adding a range interface
would
add a considerable amount of code that, while trivial, still has
to be
properly documented, tested, and reviewed.

It's also not clear where a range interface should go. There is
(currently) no `core.range`, so the range interface would have to
be put
in a companion module in Phobos, or it wouldn't be possible to
properly
implement and unit test it without moving parts of `std.range` to
druntime.