DIP 1019--Named Arguments Lite--Community Review Round 2

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 22:26:57 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 6 June 2019 at 22:19:46 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> If they need to change them

Why would they need to change the name of a function argument
anyway?

Note that the name is already exposed in the documentation too,
as well as by existing reflection (I, among others, have written
named param libraries already, for example).

> I'd guess around 15% of all functions would use them

I'd probably not use it myself so I'm meh on having it in the
language... but I don't think the breakage is a big deal. You can
just not use it in your code and be protected against arbitrary
changes.

Though if the name changes, it might indicate a change in meaning
of the param too, so maybe breakage is a good thing.