GC behavior

Gregor Mückl gregormueckl at gmx.de
Fri Jun 7 14:42:47 UTC 2019

On Friday, 7 June 2019 at 14:24:23 UTC, KnightMare wrote:
> I also noticed:
> where code with arrays allocations compiled by LDC work ok,
> code by DMD is failed.
> "gc:precise" doesn't help (maybe false positives scans.. dunno).
> this code by DMD crashes for me at -m32 only

Thanks for reproducing! So it's a dmd bug then.

DMD automatically generates a 32 bit executable for me, so my
tests are hitting the 4GB boundary long before physical memory
availability becomes an issue.

GC.collect() does collect the arrays, so I don't think that false
positives during the scan shouldn't be the issue.