Speeding up importing Phobos files

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 15:55:43 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 8 June 2019 at 14:58:17 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 8 June 2019 at 14:53:20 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
>> OTOH, a more sparse working set will accelerate development
>> since it lessens cognitive load.
>
> I personally find it is a LOT easier to work with one big file
> than multiple small files.
>
> But that said, with something like an IDE, it shouldn't matter
> either way since the computer should be able to work with both
> equally well.

I never understand complaints about where files are located and
what goes where. That's for the computer to know and for me to
pretty much never care about.

Likewise, I don't understand why anyone would want a tree view of
their filesystem in their editor. When I know the file name and
care, I use fuzzy matching to open it instead of clicking on
directories.

Do you know when I care about code organisation? When it impacts
compile times negatively and/or affect coupling.