Can we just have struct inheritence already?

Exil Exil at gmall.com
Sun Jun 9 18:52:20 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 9 June 2019 at 18:43:01 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Sunday, June 9, 2019 12:19:34 PM MDT Exil via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>> On Sunday, 9 June 2019 at 17:57:05 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

>> > This is a newsgroup which can also be accessed via a web
>> > interface and via a mailing list. Once a message has been
>> > sent, it's been sent. It immediately goes out to everyone
>> > over the various interfaces, and it wouldn't make any more
>> > sense to try to edit your message after sending it than it
>> > would to try to edit an e-mail after you sent it to hundreds
>> > of people.
>> >
>> > - Jonathan M Davis
>>
>> Github also sends messages via email, you can even make
>> replies by email. You can still edit them afterwards though.
>
> But no one gets those updates without looking at github, and
> even if they did, it would have to be via a new e-mail,
> cluttering things up. It's not possible for anyone to edit
> their message on github and then have the e-mails that everyone
> received update. The e-mails from github serve as notifications
> of what's on the website, not as the primary means of
> communication.

That's because emails aren't suited for this type of
communication. If you want to use emails, then yes you would then
receive a second email. But if someone needs to make a correction
anyways, they will need to send a second email as well. This not
only clutters up the email but also the website as well. Which is
what we have now.

> And for D, the web interface is _not_ what controls the data.
> It's a client just like my e-mail client is and just like
> Walter's newsgroup client is. So, all it can edit is its local
> cache, which would make it out-of-sync with everyone else. Or
> it could send out a second message - which is exactly what you
> have to do right now. And because that's what you have to do,
> it doesn't give the false impression that you can edit
> previously sent messages.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

And? This is set in stone? There's no way to implement something
better?