Can we just have struct inheritence already?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jun 12 05:43:37 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 12:44:08AM -0400, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 6/11/19 2:29 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> >
> > 2. How would you determine the dimension of an array of 0 size
> > elements?
>
> By reading .length instead of performing an unnecessary division.

+1.  I never liked that nonsensical sizeof(array)/sizeof(array[0])
"trick" or idiom.  It was a hack around a deficient language way back
when.  Today we have D, and D has .length. We should be using that
instead.  Why are we still bending over backwards to support outdated
hacks?

Freedom of speech: the whole world has no right *not* to hear my spouting off!