Proposing std.typecons : Optional (with PR)

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:52:22 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 12 June 2019 at 09:53:03 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2019-06-11 15:55, FeepingCreature wrote:
>
>> We have "map for Optional/Nullable", that's `apply`.
>
> And the rest of the algorithms?

As the saying goes, "PRs welcome." Personally I get along fine
without them, so I didn't see the need to include them. For
instance, we have a local orElse implementation hanging around.
The point of having `Optional` in the stdlib is that the rest of
the ecosystem can standardize around the data structure. There is
none such need for algorithms, especially oneliners.