Initial Windows experience

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Fri Jun 14 10:35:06 UTC 2019

On Friday, 14 June 2019 at 10:29:07 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Friday, 14 June 2019 at 09:03:17 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
>> Are there any reasons to stick with optlink as the default?
>
> With the latest DUB, it defaults to mscoff now:
> https://dlang.org/changelog/2.086.0.html#dmd-mscoff-default
>
> DMD itself still uses OPTLINK I believe.

no when you pass -m64 to DMD then it uses LLD (shipped with the
default distrib) and the static libraries from MinGW (shipped
with the default distrib as well). So the idea would be that -m64
should be the default. In this case people who don't have the MS
toolchain setup would see their stuff compiled seamlessly and the
others too. Even LDC supports -m64 without MS stuff nowadays.