Initial Windows experience

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Fri Jun 14 16:25:07 UTC 2019

On Friday, 14 June 2019 at 16:04:11 UTC, user wrote:
> FINALLY ... I have been waiting for this since for ever.
> I am about to cry now :)
> Thanks for all the effort ... all the people who worked on it.
>
> Now, I just have to see how can I port my Java code to D.

One thing you should keep in mind when you want to distribute
your applications.
Applications compiled with lld will have a dependency to a ms c
runtime dll.
Your application will not work on systems without this dll.
On the other hand applications compiled with ms linker from e.g.
MS Build Tools won't have this dependency.

This is nothing bad, just a detail you have to keep in mind whole
setting up your production build pipeline.

Kind regards
Andre