Multiple alias this, what's the hold up?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jun 16 22:28:56 UTC 2019

On 6/16/2019 2:33 AM, Mike Franklin wrote:
> I refer you to this StackOverflow question
> (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/255553/is-it-possible-to-implement-mixins-in-c)
> where a C# user was looking for a convenient way to reuse and aggregate
> implementations.  The second comment to the question says it all:
>
>> I find it annoying that C++ experts make statements like "Prefer composition
>> to inheritance" yet the language (C++ or C#) offers precious little help to do
>> the "right thing".

Be careful about dismissing what experts say. Sometimes it takes many years of
experience to understand that seemingly good ideas are not that good after all.

I don't do use a lot of programming techniques I thought were way cool in my
20's, but now I understand are crap, like <cough cough>macros</cough cough>.