Is there going to be a survey this year?

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Tue Jun 18 01:00:56 UTC 2019

On Monday, 17 June 2019 at 20:43:15 UTC, aliak wrote:
> On Monday, 17 June 2019 at 19:50:33 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> On Monday, 17 June 2019 at 19:27:14 UTC, aliak wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Also, I can't seem to find the results of last year's survey
>>> - https://dlang.typeform.com/report/H1GTak/PY9NhHkcBFG0t6ig -
>>> says the report is private.
>>>
>>> I was going through the rust 2018 survey [0], and it had some
>>> really interesting stuff in there. Maybe we can use a lot of
>>> the questions from there as well if there's going to be one?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> - Ali
>>>
>>> [0]:
>>> https://blog.rust-lang.org/2018/11/27/Rust-survey-2018.html
>>
>> No, because no one bothered to look at the results or listen
>> to the condensed analysis.
>
> Aw :(
>
> What do you mean no one? As in core-devs no one or no one no
> one?

No one as in not anyone.

Also as a side note, while core devs have merge rights, they
don't have any big influence on fixing the points mentioned in
the survey (see e.g.
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/9844#issuecomment-496746875 or
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7988) for an inspiration).

> Do people think giving it another try would be a wasted effort?

I don't think there is any big question to which the opinion or
needs of the D community isn't known. What's lacking is a
coordinated effort to fix them.