What would a minimal subset of D look like?

Yatheendra 3df4 at gmail.ru
Sat Jun 22 09:14:33 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 22 June 2019 at 08:41:36 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:

> I have a few ideas for removing many features of D, preferring
> library implementations instead

Would be interesting. Initially defined by its linter, I guess.
Existing users with big D codebases could opine on if and how the
features of D they started with stayed in use or got replaced.

I don't remember how starting out with C/C++ felt, but being a D
newbie feels different - becomes comfortable almost
instantaneously, but the next steps have to be in a real small
project, not learning more by reading.

While the Phobos Github issues around testing, etc. are useful
for learning more, the features to use in own small projects are
fuzzier to pick out. C/C++ don't really have too many ways of
doing things (and not enough things can be done), D