What would a minimal subset of D look like?

XavierAP n3minis-git at yahoo.es
Sat Jun 22 12:27:32 UTC 2019

https://dlang.org/phobos/std_typecons.html#Unique

> Similarily, there is no need for unittests to be a language
> feature in D. You can achieve the same with annotations and an
> external pass.

I honestly think unittest is the best idea ever...
___
I understand people frustrated with the GC, and in retrospect we
all agree everything in the runtime should have been, or should
be made, buy-in. But I don't understand the benefit of isolating
out of the language and re-implement as libraries what is already
isolated and buy-in in the language.

And if I wanted that, I wouldn't start by stripping down D. I'd
start by extending C. We could call it C with Templates, later
rename it to C<<>>... and ten years later we could be debating
again improvement proposals to implement multiple inheritance. :p