What would a minimal subset of D look like?

Araq rumpf_a at web.de
Mon Jun 24 19:27:17 UTC 2019

On Monday, 24 June 2019 at 17:16:04 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> Is there anything you would have done differently if you
> started over?

Sure, but only details. We got most things right.

But let's assume we got it wrong and there is a superior IR that
also the macro system should have access to. Then we would need a
translation layer from the old AST to the new IR and back so that
older code keeps working. But that's well trotted ground, see
GCC's various different IRs (GENERIC, GIMPLE and RTL).