gRPC / http2

zoujiaqing zoujiaqing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 12:23:36 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 at 16:04:05 UTC, David J Kordsmeier
wrote:

> Thank you @zoujiaqing for chiming in about hunt-http!  I think
> the D community needs to stop putting vibe-d as the only answer
> for all things http server/web framework.  This is not a
> critique of the vibe-d, it's a viable option.  But there is
> risk with only one viable option.  It makes the D community
> look barren, and it is hard to take the language seriously for
> enterprise use because there are not a plethora of web
> frameworks ranging from highly opinionated full stack web
> frameworks down to simple small frameworks (i.e. web.py style).
>  Kudos to Huntlabs in their effort to fill this void.  We can
> all help by supplementing docs, reporting bugs (it's hard
> supporting a bunch of different OSs, and bug reports help
> achieve that), and providing constructive feedback.
>
> At some point, I will get my own web framework released, I
> wrote on top of libuv a few years back.  I was scratching my
> own itch.  It was done for a commercial project, but there is
> no reason I can't release it.  I've held back because to use a
> web framework seriously, the stack has to cover so many aspects
> of the web, it's a lot to cover, especially security.  And it
> was a messy first effort at writing code in D.  In any case, I
> think just putting a different idea out there is a way to help
> contribute to the diversity of offerings.

Hi David J Kordsmeier:

Thank you for your words.
We will continue to improve and improve D language server
ecological chain.

Framework recent performance test hunt-library is beter other D
library.

Recent test result in here:
https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=test&runid=14aa155b-efb0-46c2-8354-c2b8debd36bb&hw=ph&test=plaintext