[OT] Unity's HPC#

JN 666total at wp.pl
Fri Mar 1 09:07:07 UTC 2019

On Friday, 1 March 2019 at 06:54:07 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> But OTOH, I feel the focus on pragmatism and common sense has
> been thrown straight out the window for the past many years,
> and its already accelerating down the same paths that led C++
> to become the mess that it is today. I feel like D's
> obsessively doing *exactly* what Scott Meyers warned us
> against, in stark contrast to the early principles that made D
> worthwhile in the first place.

C++ seems like a super complicated language to interop with.
Perhaps it will never be possible to do it right. We already
added copy constructors, what if we keep adding C++ features in
the name of interop. I hope in the end D doesn't become a mere
imitation of C++, with 10% of it's ecosystem.