The DIP Process

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 09:50:31 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 2 March 2019 at 03:51:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/1/2019 2:01 PM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
>> Exactly.  With the current process everyone is doing alot of
>> work and producing no results.  We are proposing to change the
>> process not to save work, but to turn the work we are already
>> doing into effective results.
>
> Dip1016 is not "no result". It's clear that rvalues to ref
> parameters is the way forward. I'm now writing the DIP for it.

Out of all the things I said...you chose to respond to this?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  If we've learned anything
from the way you respond on the forums and the way you give DIP
feedback, it seems to be a pattern of yours to ignore the major
points of what someone writes, then respond to a minor part of it
and think that's adequate.

I have a hard time seeing how someone can justify this behavior
to themselves, unless you don't realize what you're actually
doing; or maybe you just don't think a full response is worth
your time.

Because of these poor responses we can never seem to get
resolution.  We just keep arguing and coming back to the same
things over and over.  I'd rather spend time my time programming
but for some reason I still have hope that this community will
get better.  Maybe I'm delusional.