[gsoc] DUB - Ideas

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Sun Mar 3 13:43:15 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 3 March 2019 at 13:24:21 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> One can already just add a git submodule and point the dub
> dependency declaration at the resulting directory.

Dub doesn't support git submodules (because it downloads the Zip
archive from GitHub/GitLab).
So `dub fetch my-package` won't fetch any submodules. This is
already a huge annoyance, but the mentioned point was about
supporting git checkouts in dub, s.t. you can have Dub
dependencies from any git source like in almost any other major
package manager without them needing to be registered on the dub
registry or to be manually checked out.