extern(C++) documentation missing

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 20:28:38 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 3 March 2019 at 19:57:06 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Oh interesting. Yours has some rather different problems
> though, like `string_view` contains `u16string_view` and
> friends as members, but they're not :)

Well, they are members of the module... though there totally was
a bug in my parser. fixed
http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/core.stdcpp.string_view.html if you refresh that now it looks reasonable to me.

But, what is the actual rule with extern(C++) syntax? I know we
have:

extern(C++)
extern(C++, Identifier.List)
extern(C++, struct)
extern(C++, class)
extern(C++, "some_string")

But, in your code, you use

extern(C++, (An_Alias_To_A_String))

where is that defined in the spec? I see what it is supposed to
do, and with those extra parens, it isn't hard to parse - I fixed
my bug in 5 mins here - but I am thinking maybe the dmd version
running for website doc gen also lacks support for parsing that
and discarded the declaration too.

I don't know the official website build process. I tried to
understand it once and just ended up running in horror. But maybe
the dmd there is just too old to support that particular syntax.