extern(C++) documentation missing

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 21:55:25 UTC 2019

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 12:30 PM Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> But, what is the actual rule with extern(C++) syntax? I know we
> have:

The parser allows:

extern(C++)
extern(C++, Identifier.List)
extern(C++, struct)
extern(C++, class)
extern(C++, Expression[, Expression...])

Expression must be a compile-time evaluate-able string, otherwise
compile error in semantic.

> But, in your code, you use
>
> extern(C++, (An_Alias_To_A_String))

Parens are just a hack to make it not caught by the Identifier case,
it will be properly parsed an Expression.

> I don't know the official website build process. I tried to
> understand it once and just ended up running in horror. But maybe
> the dmd there is just too old to support that particular syntax.

Do you have reason to believe it wouldn't use the release DMD build to
build the docs for each release?