[gsoc] DUB - Ideas

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Mar 4 17:19:11 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-04 06:32, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:

> Notice that not only is `dub.selections.json` included in version
> control, but I also have another file: `dub.selections.vibe-0.8.3.json`.
> That's because some compiler versions require vibe v0.7.x and NOT
> v0.8.x, but newer compilers require v0.8.x and up. So
> `dub.selections.json` is carefully set (by hand) to exactly my minimum
> dependency versions. And `dub.selections.vibe-0.8.3.json` is carefully
> set to the minimum versions required by the newer compilers.

Usually `dub.selections.json` should not be committed for libraries,
only for applications.

With the latest version of Dub it's now possible to specify which
compiler is required [1]. That could potentially have solved your
problem. I'm not sure if this means that Dub will try to pick an older
version of the dependency if the compiler requirement doesn't match.

[1] https://dlang.org/changelog/2.085.0.html#toolchain_requirements

--
/Jacob Carlborg