Scope Containers

Alex sascha.orlov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 18:22:15 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 10 March 2019 at 17:36:09 UTC, bitwise wrote:

> Isn't it reasonable to assume a range should act like a
> reference to data, rather than a copy of it?

I think, this highly depends on data and the container.
What if data is stored inside the container? How the container
can reference data if it is the one and only holder? In which
format do you expect the container to release the raw data? How
do you suppose to synchronize a data movement and references to
it, if the container contains only references?
But what, if data may not be copied or moved, but the container
manages the data by copy?
Is data assumed to be destroyed/invalidated after the container
is destroyed? And why?